The Capital City Stealth, beat the West Michigan Force 47 — 7 in a rematch of the 2012 Great Lake Football League Championship game.

As has been the case most of the year, the Stealth scored first but after each team traded turnovers a slow first quarter ended with a tie score at 7 — 7. From there the Stealth settled in and scored 40 unanswered points.

Former MSU star A.J. Jimmerson had 44 yards on the day capped off by an electrifying 4 yard touchdown run to put the Stealth up 14-7. Stealth third year running back Demetrius Addison showed off his speed and agility with 71 yards on just 5 carries and added 7 more points for the Stealth before halftime. Rodney Hodges & Damion Jones each added touchdowns runs of 5 yards in the third quarter.

“Our offensive line was dominant the Force all evening. They opened holes for our running backs and gave the quarterbacks all kinds of time to throw. You can tell these guys are really coming together and peaking at the right time. With this kind of play we should be able to make it deep into the playoffs.” said Frank Cugini, Stealth Assistant General Manager.

Damon Young was 11 of 16 for 129 yards and a touchdown spreading most of his passes between receivers Trevor Maus, Mike Frisbie and Leroy Green. Both of Frisbie’s receptions went for touchdowns.

The Stealth have traditionally had one of the best defenses in the league and this year is no different. The team is at the top of the league in takeaways and they added five more verses the Force — 3 interceptions and 2 fumbles. They also tacked on 10 sacks on a night when they seem to hit the Force QB on every play.

The defense was led by Marshal Brice with 10 tackles and a sack. Javonte Wells, Stanley Pates & Daloreon Strickland each had 2.5 sacks. Cullen Davis had an interception that he returned 35 yards for a touchdown. Marcus Pugh had the crowd on its feet with a late interception that he returned 85 yards to set up the Stealth’s final score. Stealth head coach, Mike Wallace, reached into his bag of tricks to get the touchdown. Quarterback Brandon Heik handed the ball to Leroy Green on what appeared to be a reverse, but then Green put up a 25 yard pass to a wide open Frisbie in the end zone.