It’s no secret that video content is the most effective way to increase social media impressions, engagement, and traffic. These indicators finally produce results in terms of lead generation and sales. For years, marketers have been preaching its growing relevance, and research backs up their claims.
Here are a few highlights from Forbes, HubSpot, and Vidyard’s Video Benchmark Report:
- By 2022, online videos will account for more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic, a 15-fold increase from 2017.
- 90% of customers think video helps them make purchasing decisions, and 64% say seeing a video increases their likelihood of purchasing.
- A video in a marketing email can boost click-through rates by 200-300%.
- Video has 1,200% more shares than links and text combined.
- A video on a website or post keeps the reader for seven times as long as a page or post without video.
- YouTube, the world’s second-largest search engine, is a video streaming platform.
- Up to 84% of consumers believe that watching a brand’s video encouraged them to buy a product or service.
- Video is quite popular; 66% of customers believe that short-form video is the most engaging type of entertainment.
This is why incorporating video content ideas into your normal brainstorming sessions is a game changer.
Remember that creating video content for the sake of creating video content is not enough. As with any content marketing, providing high-quality content is the most effective way to achieve your goals. This is easier said than done.
Before you seek high-budget video content for your social strategy, you must have a solid plan in place to make the most of it.
Check out the following infographic by video experts One Productions who take a deep dive into all things video in social media.
Tom Hopkins is the Managing Director of One Productions – a video production company based in Dublin, Ireland. You can follow One Productions on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or on their website.